Unfortunately, about 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could pocket about $859 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates.
The best way we recommend to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Riverside.
- Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for information to prevent expensive rate increases and find additional discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Riverside. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in Riverside is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers only need to know the proper way to shop from many companies at once.
The best way to compare rates for Tesla Model S insurance in Riverside is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including the year, make and model of vehicles, if it has an alarm system, deductibles desired, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. The data is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your Tesla Model S now, click here and enter the information requested.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Tesla Model S
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Tesla Model S in Riverside, insuring your vehicle is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Tesla Model S with a loan, almost every bank will require you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Tesla for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Tesla Model S but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Tesla as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but a few need to be requested specifically before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Riverside auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger auto insurance companies have a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- Student in College – Older children living away from Riverside attending college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, homeowner, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, and claim-free.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for driver training, automatic seat belts, early bird, theft prevention, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You never need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Which car insurance company is best in Riverside?
Choosing a good quality auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in California. The company ratings in the lists below could help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
The cheapest Tesla Model S insurance in Riverside is attainable on the web and with local Riverside insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)