There isn’t a single person who enjoys paying for insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who compare other rates will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey found that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Riverside is your ultimate objective, understanding how to find companies and compare car insurance can help make the process easier. Having so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to choose the most affordable company.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates before your policy renews since prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Riverside two years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest way to find great coverage at a great price.
What Determines Chevy Spark EV Insurance Rates?
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Annual miles impacts prices – The more you drive your Chevy in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated Spark EV is throwing money out the window. Double check that your policy shows the right rating data.
- Advanced alarms and GPS tracking – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your car from being stolen.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Spark EV if you clean up your credit.
- More traffic means higher claims – Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Women tend to cost less – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. They both are in fender benders at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your car insurance bill. It demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
The following companies provide free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Spark EV insurance, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Spark EV has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Riverside can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Riverside and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Riverside, click here.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Riverside.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Riverside that can provide free Riverside car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Riverside can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both sell auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Riverside that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Epstein Insurance Agency
11750 Carly Court – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 687-1012 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Riverside willing to provide price quotes.
Picking a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Riverside should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Quote often and quote early
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
The cheapest Chevy Spark EV insurance in Riverside is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Riverside
Truthfully, the best way to get discount Chevy Spark EV insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who sell insurance in Riverside. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Additional learning opportunities
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)