Amazingly, almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. California drivers could save almost $469 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Honda Ridgeline insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Riverside. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article gives instructions to get better rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Honda Ridgeline insurance in Riverside is to know most insurance companies provide online access to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including if the car is leased, the year, make and model of vehicles, your education level, and your occupation. The rating information is then sent to all major companies and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the web.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better insurance rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Ridgeline may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below shows the difference between Honda Ridgeline insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policies in Riverside. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Honda Ridgeline insurance quotes in California, click here.
Statistics and details
The information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of coverage costs for Honda Ridgeline models. Being aware of how premiums are calculated can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ridgeline RT 4WD||$262||$478||$470||$28||$140||$1,378||$115|
|Ridgeline RTS 4WD||$296||$478||$470||$28||$140||$1,412||$118|
|Ridgeline RTL 4WD||$296||$562||$470||$28||$140||$1,496||$125|
|Ridgeline RTL W/Navigation 4WD||$296||$562||$470||$28||$140||$1,496||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage rates substantially.
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Honda Ridgeline insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Honda Ridgeline yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Honda Ridgeline car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact formula that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Ridgeline replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.