Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Jeep Patriot insurance in Riverside? Feel like you’re a prisoner to an expensive insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Unthinkable but true, about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Drivers in California could pocket up to $470 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper insurance rates. Lots of car insurance companies contend for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the definite best price available on Jeep Patriot insurance in Riverside.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, you can follow these tips to buy cheaper car insurance while maximizing coverage. Locating the best rates in Riverside is quite easy. Drivers just need to use the tricks to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Get cheaper rates by applying discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to track driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will definitely reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The chart below compares Jeep Patriot insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, air bags, good student, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include paid in full, mature driver, company car, multi-policy, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, accident-free, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Esurance may offer discounts for paid-in-full, renters, good student, Switch & Save, good driver, emergency road assistance, and safety device.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, and pay-in-full.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policies in Riverside. To see companies with the best discounts in Riverside, follow this link.
The quickest method to compare policy rates for Jeep Patriot insurance in Riverside takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as what your job is, deductibles desired, if your license is active, and your credit rating estimate. Your information is instantly provided to all major companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To find lower cheaper Jeep Patriot insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
The price information displayed next covers a range of insurance policy prices for Jeep Patriot models. Having knowledge of how rate quotes are determined can help you make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$256||$464||$500||$30||$150||$1,400||$117|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$256||$464||$500||$30||$150||$1,400||$117|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$294||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,538||$128|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$294||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,538||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect premiums significantly.
How Insurers Determine Jeep Patriot Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings. Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Defend yourself with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Being married brings a discount – Your spouse actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a ton of extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
Driving citations increase rates – Getting just one ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Jeep Patriot auto insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The make and model of the car you own makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data is based on a married male driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Jeep Patriot car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Loss probability for a Jeep Patriot – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have increased rates. The data below shows the collected loss data for Jeep Patriot vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Patriot Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD 80 139 65 123 121 140 Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD 73 121 67 98 100 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Are insurance agents of importance?
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in Riverside.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Riverside who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either can provide car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Riverside that may be able to give free car insurance rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive agents in Riverside willing to provide price quotes.
Steve McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Adams St, Ste C10-J – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 785-6140 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- How are claims handled?
- Does their agency support local causes in Riverside?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- If they are an independent agency in Riverside, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Riverside?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
After receiving good answers as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though Riverside Patriot insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Patriot, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
How much can you save?
More affordable auto insurance in Riverside can be sourced both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can lower your Jeep Patriot insurance rates in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Riverside car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
When searching for inexpensive Riverside car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to buying lower priced Jeep Patriot insurance in Riverside
It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Riverside is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in California.
Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)