The most effective way to get more affordable Pontiac GTO insurance in Riverside is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Shocking but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in California being $1,387, drivers could save themselves as much as 35% a year, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
Locating the best rates in Riverside is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. Consumers just have to know the proper way to compare insurance rates instantly.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Riverside car insurance quote.
- Early Switch Discount – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current GTO insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Riverside Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable companies to scrutinize driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Auto insurance companies that may offer most of these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in Riverside. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in California, click this link.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac GTO in Riverside, maintaining insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your GTO, almost all lenders will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Pontiac GTO. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Best car insurance company in Riverside
Finding a high-quality car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Riverside. The rank data in the lists below can help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Neighborhood Riverside auto insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Riverside who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
When looking for an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Riverside can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which agent you choose.
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Riverside that are able to give price quote information.
- Steve McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Adams St, Ste C10-J – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 785-6140 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Dominique Tran
10800 Hole Ave #3 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 343-3408 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Eric Wilkins Agency
7177 Brockton Ave #109 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 680-9213 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Below are Riverside independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Bergman Insurance
6281 Brockton Ave # 2 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 684-3624 – View Map
- Strong Tie Insurance Services
1766 University Ave # 104 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 682-1200 – View Map
- Mey’s Insurance Services
5586 Mission Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 684-0494 – View Map
Upon receiving positive responses to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.