Do you think you bought an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me when I say you’re not alone.
It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who compare rates annually will presumably move their business because there are good odds of finding a lower rate. A recent survey found that drivers who regularly shopped around saved $70 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on Scion iQ insurance in Riverside is why you’re here, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
You have so many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
When shopping for Scion iQ insurance in Riverside there are multiple ways to compare quotes from many different California insurance companies. One of the best ways to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it makes it obsolete to drive around to different Riverside agent offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the extra assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does Riverside iQ insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to compare rates from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Protect more than your Scion vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Scion iQ in Riverside, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Scion iQ, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Scion for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Determine discounts on Riverside car insurance
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Scion can earn substantially lower rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to analyze driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Paperless Signup – Certain car insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, student away at school, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, new move discount, new vehicle discount, and newly retired.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, bundle, driver training, defensive driver, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
If you need inexpensive Riverside auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Savings might not apply in Riverside. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer discounts in Riverside, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Riverside.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Riverside auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
The following is a list of insurers in Riverside that are able to give comparison quotes for Scion iQ insurance in Riverside.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found a company that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Scion iQ is worth?
- Is my Scion iQ covered for flood damage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
Best car insurance company in California
Finding a highly-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in California. The company rank data listed below can help you decide which companies to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
Cheaper Scion iQ insurance in Riverside can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Riverside agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered many ideas to shop for Scion iQ insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Steps to buying discount Scion iQ insurance in Riverside
The easiest way to get more affordable Scion iQ insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Riverside.
- Step 1: Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and a bad credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)