No one enjoys paying for car insurance, in particular when it costs too dang much.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. The average driver in California can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to shop around. Numerous insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible on Volvo C70 insurance in Riverside.
Smart consumers take time to check car insurance prices before your policy renews because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rate on Volvo C70 insurance in Riverside six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out the things you must know in order to find great coverage at a great price.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to buy cheaper car insurance without sacrificing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Riverside can be easy if you know a few tricks. Consumers just need to know how to compare price quotes from many different companies.
Companies offering Volvo C70 insurance in California
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
The price information displayed below showcases estimates of insurance costs for Volvo C70 models. Learning how premiums are established can be useful when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$334||$688||$280||$16||$84||$1,402||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can change coverage rates substantially.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Volvo C70 insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance cost for men versus women
The example below shows the comparison of Volvo C70 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Volvo C70 liability-only versus full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Volvo C70 insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set guideline for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo C70 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Memberships – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will give a small break get Riverside auto insurance on your computer.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will definitely reduce the premium cost.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volvo C70 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Riverside, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Riverside insurance agents?
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Riverside who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Riverside?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Car insurance company ratings
Choosing a highly-rated car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in California. The company information displayed below could help you analyze which providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for funeral costs, dental work and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a deer, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your C70 to bring the cost down.
A conclusion for your insurance search
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We’ve covered many ideas to lower your Volvo C70 insurance prices in Riverside. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Riverside auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Affordable Volvo C70 insurance in Riverside is available online as well as from independent agents in Riverside, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
How to buy low-cost Volvo C70 insurance in Riverside
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Riverside is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in California.
- First, try to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on C70 insurance. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Immediately put the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More information is located at these links:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)