We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who compare rates annually will probably switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A study discovered that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on Audi A3 insurance in Riverside is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget Audi A3 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Riverside. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, place your new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
All the larger insurance companies provide coverage price quotes on the web. This process is pretty painless because you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the quote system sends out for credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information.
Being able to quote online for Audi A3 insurance in Riverside makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to do this if you want to get cheaper insurance pricing.
To get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will get rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every discount available very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Professional Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current A3 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Riverside auto insurance quotes online.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Riverside and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Riverside Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below shows the comparison of Audi A3 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for early bird, good student, automatic seat belts, teen driver, student driver, 55 and older, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, anti-theft, good student, driver’s education, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide includes discounts for family plan, defensive driving, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, accident-free, and business or organization.
- Esurance offers discounts including good driver, emergency road assistance, renters, DriveSense, and safety device.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, air bag, anti-theft, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area. For a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Riverside, click this link.
Analysis of coverages
The coverage table displayed below highlights different insurance rates for Audi A3 models. Learning a little about how policy rates are established can aid in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A3 2.0T Premium Package||$366||$914||$574||$34||$172||$2,060||$172|
|A3 2.0T Premium Plus Package||$366||$914||$574||$34||$172||$2,060||$172|
|A3 2.0T Quattro||$412||$914||$574||$34||$172||$2,106||$176|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can change premium rates significantly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Audi A3 insurance costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions increase Audi A3 car insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below shows the comparison of Audi A3 insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi A3 replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $600 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
What Determines Audi A3 Insurance Costs?
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine your rates.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
Save money by eliminating incidental coverages – There are many additional coverages you can purchase on your A3 policy. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurers allow a discount to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Job impacts prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like judges, airline pilots, and dentists generally pay the highest rates attributed to job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, careers such as actors, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Not having insurance is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California DMV.
You might have higher costs if you are single – Your spouse may cut your premiums on your auto insurance policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Do women or men drive better? – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Audi A3 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Poor credit can mean higher premiums – Credit score factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Audi A3 by improving your credit score.
Insurance losses for an Audi A3 – Auto insurance companies use data from past claims to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Audi A3 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A3 4dr 2WD||152||90||109||85|
|Audi A3 4dr 4WD||147||73||111||80|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Riverside car insurance agents?
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Riverside.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Riverside who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Auto insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Riverside who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- Del Smith Insurance Agency
1355 E Alessandro Blvd # 200 – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 653-2188 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated – Woodcrest
18791 Van Buren Boulevard Suite C – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 780-4075 – View Map
- Bergman Insurance
6281 Brockton Ave # 2 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 684-3624 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below are Riverside exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Scott Fowler – State Farm Insurance Agent
7177 Brockton Ave #340 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 777-2446 – View Map
- Troy Manning – State Farm Insurance Agent
4955 Felspar St j – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 360-9921 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mike Ponce
1525 3rd St b – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 784-0951 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is there a local claims center in Riverside?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
After receiving positive feedback to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don’t assume that you’re stuck with your new company for a certain time period.
You can lower your insurance rates
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Audi A3 insurance rates online in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Audi A3 rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with the smaller companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation and delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Affordable Audi A3 insurance in Riverside can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information is located at the links below
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)