It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for Buick Rainier insurance in Riverside is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in California.
- Step 1: Read about individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like speeding and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional ideas to lower rates and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Rainier coverage is available in Riverside. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop rates annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that drivers who regularly shopped around saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for auto insurance in Riverside is your ultimate target, learning how to compare car insurance can save time and money.
Compare Buick Rainier insurance rates
All the larger insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage prices online. Getting Buick Rainier insurance prices online is easy for anyone as you just enter the coverages you want into a form. Behind the scenes, their rating system will order credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Buick Rainier insurance in Riverside makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you want to get cheap prices.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Rainier just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Buick in Riverside, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Buick and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Take policy discounts and save on Buick Rainier insurance in Riverside
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Buick could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application online.
- College Student – Older children living away from Riverside attending college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, early shopping, multi-car, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, good student, and alternative fuel.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include safety features, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, multi-car, new graduate, and exclusive group savings.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find cheaper Riverside car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered in Riverside. For a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Riverside, follow this link.
Do I need an agent?
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Riverside car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Riverside?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long has their agency been open in Riverside?
- If they are an independent agency in Riverside, which companies do they recommend?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Riverside who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate: Gene P. Johnson
7201 Arlington Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3211 – View Map
- Lynne Dattilo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6560 Van Buren Boulevard a – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3700 – View Map
- Jean Sullivan – State Farm Insurance Agent
6511 Brockton Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 683-3131 – View Map
These agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to include a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Riverside who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Prism Insurance Agency
9824 Magnolia Ave a – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 353-1200 – View Map
- TNT Only 1 Insurance Agency
19510 Van Buren Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92508 – (888) 610-8865 – View Map
- Rick Plata Insurance Agency
4204 Riverwalk Pkwy #200 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 801-2032 – View Map
How to know if you need help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
One last note
When searching for inexpensive Riverside car insurance quotes, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More affordable insurance in Riverside can be bought from both online companies and with local Riverside insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for College Students in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)