We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding lower prices. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance is your goal, then having a good understanding the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make shopping around easier.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Riverside. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations and poor credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every price quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Locating cheaper auto insurance coverage in Riverside is not as time-consuming as you think. Although California drivers must learn how companies determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
Cheap Riverside auto insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Sign Online – Many larger companies will give a small break get Riverside car insurance on your computer.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy auto and life insurance together.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To choose providers with discount rates in California, click here to view.
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from many available insurance companies in California. By far the easiest way to compare rates is to jump online and get quotes. Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Their Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower car insurance prices. Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Stay claim-free and save – Companies in California generally give the lowest premiums to people who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Job and insurance rates – Occupations such as military generals, architects, and accountants usually pay higher premium rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
A car insurance lapse can increase rates – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Prevent theft and reduce car insurance rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Your address can influence rates – Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when talking about car insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
Single drivers take more risk – Getting married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Liability insurance risk factors – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your Buick is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Insurance quotes from local Riverside insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Riverside that can give you free Riverside car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
Insurance agent types
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agents and how they operate. Riverside agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Riverside that can give you comparison quotes.
- Jean Sullivan – State Farm Insurance Agent
6511 Brockton Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 683-3131 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Dominique Tran
10800 Hole Ave #3 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 343-3408 – View Map
- Scott Fowler – State Farm Insurance Agent
7177 Brockton Ave #340 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 777-2446 – View Map
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to include several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Riverside independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Riverside Insurance Agency Inc.
#B, 125 W La Cadena Dr – Riverside, CA 92501 – (951) 684-3500 – View Map
- Joseph Insurance Services
3694 Sunnyside Dr – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 683-0777 – View Map
- Atchley and Associates Insurance Services
7891 Mission Grove Pkwy S – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 275-0340 – View Map
If you get good answers to these questions and inexpensive Buick Rendezvous insurance in Riverside quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy. Just understand that you are entitled to cancel your coverage when you choose so never assume you are locked into your new company with no way out.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Buick Rendezvous, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Buick for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Buick and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is wasting up to $700 annually so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to save money.
One last thing about your coverage
Cost effective Buick Rendezvous insurance can be found from both online companies and with local Riverside insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
You just read a lot of information how to save on Buick Rendezvous insurance in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Riverside car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)