It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around once a year are highly likely to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved $70 a month compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Riverside is your goal, knowing the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper car insurance rates in Riverside is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. View companies
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. Make sure you store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that help determine insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
The factors shown below are a few of the things companies use to determine your rates.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Having an address in less populated areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in California give lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Costs impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated 200 can cost quite a bit. Verify your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Credit history impacts prices – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Chrysler 200 if you improve your credit rating. People with very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- How much liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to be more careless when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Chrysler 200 insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies use historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chrysler 200 Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 200 2WD 117 113 116 174 189 152 Chrysler 200 4WD 117 112 108 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for cheaper auto insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Chrysler can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount should help reduce the cost of coverage.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Esurance offers discounts for defensive driver, online shopper, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-car, safety features, new vehicle discount, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, group or association, good student, air bags, mature driver, student away at school, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, defensive driver, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Riverside. To find insurers that offer discounts in California, click here.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are possible
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be pretty painless.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just read many tips how you can find cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance in Riverside. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)