It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey revealed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on insurance is your target objective, then learning about how to shop and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Ford Freestar insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Riverside.
First, spend some time learning about individual coverages and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides the details to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Freestar insurance in Riverside. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to reduce premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Buying the best-priced auto insurance in Riverside can be fairly easy. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners need to learn how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
When quoting insurance, remember that making a lot of price comparisons will increase your chances of finding a better price.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Freestar more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts on Ford Freestar insurance in Riverside?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 get Riverside car insurance digitally online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Student in College – College-age children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current Freestar insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Riverside car insurance online.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Freestar can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
Remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will help lower your premiums.
If you would like to view insurers that offer discounts in Riverside, click here to view.
Insurance is available from agents near you
A small number of people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Riverside who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any good agent in Riverside should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Riverside?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
If you’re trying to find a local Riverside insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Riverside are considered either exclusive or independent.
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agencies in Riverside who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Leonor Rivera
3645 Van Buren Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 352-5050 – View Map
- Adolfo Saldana – State Farm Insurance Agent
7344 Magnolia Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 637-3100 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Dominique Tran
10800 Hole Ave #3 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 343-3408 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Riverside that can give you comparison quotes.
- Dashers Insurance Riverside
10066 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-2445 – View Map
- Applied General Agency
1485 Spruce St – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 686-6120 – View Map
- Prism Insurance Agency
9824 Magnolia Ave a – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 353-1200 – View Map
After you get good feedback to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy. It’s important to know that policyholders can cancel coverage at any point so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for the entire policy term.
Insurance can be complex
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- If my Ford Freestar is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
One last thing to lower rates
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Ford Freestar insurance in Riverside. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When getting Riverside car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable car insurance in Riverside can be bought online and with local Riverside insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)