Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop for lower prices will most likely switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Riverside is your intention, knowing how to get price quotes and compare insurance can help make the process easier.
The recommended way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Riverside. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, get an understanding of coverages and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more information to get cheaper rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Riverside. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
The purpose of this post is to tell you how car insurance companies work and how you can save the most money. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using this strategy. Smart buyers just have to learn the most time-saving way to get comparison rates online.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Hummer H2 insurance in Riverside
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Riverside car insurance online.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Riverside Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Riverside can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Riverside and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for professional/association, type of vehicle, annual mileage, location of vehicle, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, switch companies, early shopping, business and professional, pay in full, and mature driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for student away at school, safe vehicle, safe driver, mature driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, multi-car, new graduate, multi-policy, newly married, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, anti-lock brakes, drive less, homeowner, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- USAA offers discounts for family discount, new vehicle, good student, vehicle storage, military installation, multi-policy, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To find insurers with the best Hummer H2 insurance discounts in Riverside, click this link.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Riverside auto insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Riverside.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you need to find a local Riverside insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Riverside agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Riverside that can give you comparison quotes.
TNT Only 1 Insurance Agency
19510 Van Buren Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92508 – (888) 610-8865 – View Map
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are Riverside exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
Enrique Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9305 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 351-2085 – View Map
Allstate: Gene P. Johnson
7201 Arlington Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3211 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does my Hummer H2 need full coverage?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
What Impacts Hummer H2 Insurance Rates?
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help calculate your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine rates.
- Drivers with good credit save on insurance – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Hummer H2 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of insurers will award discounts to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Single drivers take more risk – Getting married can actually save you money on insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in a small town can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities have to deal with congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
- With age comes responsibility – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Lower rates with theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Are men or women drivers cheaper? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hummer H2 in Riverside, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Hummer at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Smart shoppers get results
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, denial of a claim and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When getting Riverside car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Hummer H2 insurance rates in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Impreza in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)