Wish you could get out of an expensive auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people in Riverside just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who compare price quotes are highly likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to find companies and compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Steps to finding affordable Jeep Wrangler insurance in Riverside
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Jeep Wrangler insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Riverside.
- Try to understand how companies set rates and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations and poor credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover the details to get affordable coverage and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View rates
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Wrangler coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Many insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to find the absolute lowest cost out there.
Analysis of Jeep Wrangler rates
The information displayed below showcases estimates of insurance costs for Jeep Wrangler models. Learning more about how policy premiums are formulated can benefit drivers when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$232||$314||$424||$26||$126||$1,122||$94|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$232||$314||$530||$32||$158||$1,266||$106|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$232||$402||$424||$26||$126||$1,210||$101|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$266||$314||$530||$32||$158||$1,300||$108|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$266||$402||$424||$26||$126||$1,244||$104|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$266||$314||$530||$32||$158||$1,300||$108|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$266||$314||$530||$32||$158||$1,300||$108|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$266||$402||$424||$26||$126||$1,244||$104|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$266||$402||$530||$32||$158||$1,388||$116|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$300||$402||$530||$32||$158||$1,422||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can impact rates noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Jeep Wrangler yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance cost for men versus women
The information below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The chart below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler insurance prices when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Wrangler settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Jeep Wrangler Insurance Premiums?
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
- How much liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Prevent coverage lapses – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Drive lots and pay more – The more miles you rack up on your Jeep in a year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. A policy that improperly rates your Wrangler may be costing you. Make sure your car insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
High performance equals high rates – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these variables: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Jeep Wrangler rates compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
- Higher deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Jeep. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Consolidate home and auto and save – Most major insurers allow discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other Riverside Wrangler insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Insurance loss data for a Jeep Wrangler – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Wrangler Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare Jeep Wrangler insurance premium rates in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More affordable insurance in Riverside is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agents.
Steps to buying low-cost Jeep Wrangler insurance in Riverside
To save the most money, the best way to get budget Jeep Wrangler insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Riverside.
First, spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Additional learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)