Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. California drivers could cut their rates by as much as $469 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper Saturn Ion insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Riverside.
- Take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Riverside. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost price quotes in California
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Discount Riverside car insurance rates
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching policies early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Riverside car insurance with select insurance companies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts should help lower the amount you have to pay.
Some of the larger companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Saturn Ion rate quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer discounts in California, click this link.
How Your Ion Insurance Premiums are Determined
Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find better auto insurance rates.
The following are a few of the things that factor into your rate level.
Low coverage deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Saturn. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose are how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
How’s your driving record? – Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one ticket may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get dangerous citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
Gender and auto insurance costs – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes are in accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates tend to be for smaller low performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Where you reside is a factor – Living in a small town has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
With age comes lower prices – Older people are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Drivers with little experience have been known to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Occupation stress can affect premiums – Occupations such as fire fighters, airline pilots, and medical professionals generally pay higher rates than average due to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations like actors, engineers and performers pay the least.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Who is covered when they drive my Saturn Ion?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Riverside.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Compare rates regularly to save
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable auto insurance in Riverside is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Riverside agents, so get free Riverside car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)