It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who compare other rates are very likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The preferred way to find low-cost Volkswagen Atlas insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Riverside.
- It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Affordable rates on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Riverside with these eight discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- E-sign Discounts – Many companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, air bags, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, good student, passive restraint, multiple autos, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, student driver, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for continuous insurance, early quote, new car, driver training, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, daytime running lights, air bags, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Riverside.
Just remember that more quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best rates.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Riverside, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Riverside.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Riverside who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different agency structures and how they work. Agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Riverside that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below are Riverside exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Allstate: Gene P. Johnson
7201 Arlington Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3211 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Which family members are covered?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Riverside Atlas insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen Atlas, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as vandalism, falling objects and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses such as surgery, chiropractic care and dental work. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Atlas from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Atlas to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, emergency aid, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Volkswagen Atlas.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Best auto insurance company in Riverside
Selecting a high-quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in California. The rank data in the lists below may help you choose which providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Quote often and quote early
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced insurance in Riverside is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Riverside agents, so you need to shop Riverside auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through local independent agents.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)