It’s amazing but most consumers in California have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. U.S. consumers could save as much as $860 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to save money on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Riverside is to compare prices regularly from insurers in California. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for tips to help reduce prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on S-Type insurance. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Comparison shopping for the best insurance policy in Riverside is not as time-consuming as you think. Basically, each driver who needs more affordable insurance most likely will buy a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, California consumers must understand how the larger insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Jaguar S-Type insurance in Riverside
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Riverside, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Lower-cost Riverside auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn substantially lower prices.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may receive a slight reduction on a Riverside auto insurance quote.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Riverside, follow this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Riverside?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local Riverside insurance agencies and car insurance
A small number of people still like to talk to a local agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with small agencies is important particularly in Riverside.
By using this simple form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Riverside that provide free Riverside auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you would like to find a good Riverside insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Riverside agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to include multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Below are Riverside independent agents that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Melendez Insurance Agency
3595 Van Buren Boulevard #201 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 687-9152 – View Map
- Adriana’s Insurance Services
6200 Van Buren Boulevard #105 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 710-1100 – View Map
- Atchley and Associates Insurance Services
7891 Mission Grove Pkwy S – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 275-0340 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Riverside that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Carl Couey
6670 Alessandro Blvd f – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 780-6660 – View Map
- Troy Manning – State Farm Insurance Agent
4955 Felspar St j – Riverside, CA 92509 – (951) 360-9921 – View Map
- Maria Abrigo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7000 Indiana Ave #113 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 782-8450 – View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Car insurance specifics
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like loss of income, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Jaguar S-Type.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, damage from flooding, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, rehabilitation expenses, surgery, funeral costs and pain medications. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your S-Type to bring the cost down.
Persistence will pay off
Discount Jaguar S-Type insurance in Riverside can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Jaguar S-Type insurance car insurance rates in Riverside. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When you buy Riverside auto insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More information can be found below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)