It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Riverside. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for better prices are likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Riverside is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. This information will introduce you to how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. Nevertheless, California consumers must learn how insurance companies calculate their prices and use it to your advantage.
Cheapest Jeep insurance rate quotes in Riverside
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of companies apply discounts to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare Jeep Cherokee rates in Riverside to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still save even more by splitting coverages up.
- Marriage discount – Getting married can get you a discount on insurance. It usually means you are more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- City traffic equals higher premiums – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Insurance costs and vehicle performance – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices tend to be for economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Theft deterrents save – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance loss data for a Jeep Cherokee – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Jeep Cherokee Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discount Riverside car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To see insurers who offer discounts in Riverside, click this link.
Insurance agencies can give valuable advice
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Riverside that can give you free Riverside auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Riverside?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Riverside that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Riverside.
- Rick Plata Insurance Agency
4204 Riverwalk Pkwy #200 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 801-2032 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Eric Wilkins Agency
7177 Brockton Ave #109 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 680-9213 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated – Woodcrest
18791 Van Buren Boulevard Suite C – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 780-4075 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Leonor Rivera
3645 Van Buren Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 352-5050 – View Map
Upon getting positive feedback to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to a company that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
Compare insurance prices regularly to save
When getting Riverside auto insurance quotes online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Riverside auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with the smaller companies.
Cheaper insurance in Riverside is definitely available online and with local Riverside insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Riverside, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)