It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop rates annually are likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving the most money on Kia Sorento insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to shop for auto insurance can save money and time.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable Kia Sorento insurance in Riverside is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in California. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives instructions to get cheaper coverage and find missing discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Obtaining price quotes for cheaper insurance coverage in Riverside is not as hard as you think. If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, you will benefit by learning to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Drivers just need to know the fastest way to compare prices instantly.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates for Kia Sorento insurance in Riverside is to know all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is give the companies some data including how old drivers are, the make and model of your vehicles, how much education you have, and your general credit rating. Your details is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes immediately.
To check Kia Sorento insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Riverside.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
How You Can Control Kia Sorento Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
When should you not file auto insurance claims? – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in California give cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
Driving citations inflate prices – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Getting just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many auto insurance companies give lower prices to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Walking down the aisle actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance loss probability for a Kia Sorento – Insurance companies use claims history as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Sorento in Riverside, buying insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.