Want to learn the secrets to finding more competitive Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Riverside? Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced insurance can consume your family’s budget, especially in this economy. Price shopping at each renewal is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Regrettably, over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,400, Riverside drivers could save themselves up to $470 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company. Since people have many companies and agents to choose from, it can be difficult for drivers to find the right company.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually quite simple. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to local Riverside insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the trained advice only provided by licensed Riverside agents. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Riverside, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln Mark LT, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in California overpays more than $850 per year so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Consumers Know How to Get Car Insurance Cheaper
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand some of the things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower car insurance rates – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder car theft.
Choose high safety ratings and save – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Lincoln scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
More performance means higher premiums – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Driving citations mean higher rates – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Just one ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have flagrant citations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Take advantage of these discounts on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Riverside
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Riverside and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Riverside can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may receive a small discount on rates.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies provide a small discount shop Riverside car insurance on your computer.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for economy car, teenSMART discount, good student, early signing, and safe driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts for defensive driving, easy pay, anti-theft, business or organization, good student, multi-policy, and family plan.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to view insurers with discount rates in California, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Riverside.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Riverside who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does their agency support local causes in Riverside?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easier than you think.
We covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Riverside. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Riverside car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding lower priced Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Riverside
Really, the only way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from providers that sell auto insurance in Riverside.
First, try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as traffic violations and a bad credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)