To save the most money, the best way to save money on car insurance rates in Riverside is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in California.
- Try to understand car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like speeding and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper 2 coverage is available in Riverside. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop for lower rates will presumably buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $72 a month compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Riverside is your objective, then learning about how to shop and compare insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
All major insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage on their websites. Comparing prices online for Mazda 2 insurance in Riverside can be done by anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. When complete, their rating system collects your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on these factors.
Getting online rates for Mazda 2 insurance in Riverside makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the cheapest possible prices on insurance.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in California. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mazda 2, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Mazda 2 but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Riverside is overpaying over $830 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Get discounts on Riverside auto insurance
Some providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy early. It could save around 10% when you buy Riverside auto insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on 2 insurance in Riverside.
- Multi-car Discount – Having primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to monitor their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Riverside auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear before the accident.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, early bird, automatic seat belts, homeowners, teen driver, defensive driver, and 55 and older.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, multi-car, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly married, multi-policy, newly retired, new move discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts might not apply everywhere. To find insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Riverside, click this link.