If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Riverside is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for the details to find cheap rates and earn larger discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Riverside. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. When you receive it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that most auto insurance policyholders in California have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in the United States could save themselves up to $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details such as your education level, your credit rating estimate, if it has an alarm system, and the ages of drivers. That information is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To compare multiple company cheaper Mitsubishi Lancer insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Mitsubishi Lancer coverage statistics
The table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of policy rates for Mitsubishi Lancer models. Understanding how insurance policy premiums are determined can be of help when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lancer Sportback GTS||$412||$960||$500||$30||$150||$2,052||$171|
|Lancer Sportback Ralliart||$454||$1086||$500||$30||$150||$2,220||$185|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can alter premium rates substantially.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Mitsubishi Lancer insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of age and gender on insurance rates
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Mitsubishi Lancer insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The information below compares Mitsubishi Lancer car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no written rule for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Mitsubishi Lancer settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mitsubishi Lancer in Riverside, maintaining insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mitsubishi, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Mitsubishi at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mitsubishi Lancer and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Riverside overpays as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Components of Your Mitsubishi Lancer Insurance Rates
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help calculate your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices. Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Your location is a factor – Having an address in a rural area can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Tickets can be expensive – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having just one citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get license-revoking citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accident claims drive up Mitsubishi Lancer car insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Youthful drivers cost more – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto a policy can break the bank. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Don’t let your insurance policy lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a fast way to pay more for insurance. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
- Consolidating policies can get discounts – Some insurance companies apply better rates to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare Mitsubishi Lancer rates in Riverside to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder vehicle theft.
Insurance loss probability for a Mitsubishi Lancer – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine costs. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Mitsubishi Lancer vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mitsubishi Lancer Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Lancer 2WD 153 146 127 192 218 172 Mitsubishi Lancer 4WD 149 131 148 135 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4WD 225 123 221BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Riverside?
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for several vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will help lower the premium cost.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Mitsubishi Lancer insurance costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
Check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. To see a list of providers who offer cheap Mitsubishi Lancer insurance quotes in Riverside, click this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing a policy, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Riverside?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance agencies can help
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to insurance agents in Riverside who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Riverside should know the answers to these questions.
- If they are an independent agency in Riverside, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Riverside?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
The following is a short list of insurers in Riverside that may be willing to give price quotes for Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Riverside.
- Applied General Agency
1485 Spruce St – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 686-6120 – View Map
- Olmedo Insurance Agency
10600 Magnolia Avenue, #B – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 689-0540 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated – Woodcrest
18791 Van Buren Boulevard Suite C – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 780-4075 – View Map
- Dashers Insurance Riverside
10066 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-2445 – View Map
We just presented a lot of ways to lower your Mitsubishi Lancer insurance rates in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Riverside car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed car insurance information is located in these articles:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)