If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Riverside is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide auto insurance in California.
- Spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as your driving record and your credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for tips to get cheaper coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Regrettably, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,400, California drivers could save 35% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to shop their coverage around.
Finding low cost Riverside car insurance quotes is pretty simple and can save money. You just need to spend a little time to get quotes online from several insurance companies.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Nissan 370Z insurance coverage information
The price information displayed next highlights different policy rates for Nissan 370Z models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy premiums are determined can be valuable when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$332||$764||$524||$32||$156||$1,808||$151|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$370||$764||$464||$28||$138||$1,764||$147|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$370||$866||$524||$32||$156||$1,948||$162|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$370||$764||$464||$28||$138||$1,764||$147|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$370||$966||$524||$32||$156||$2,048||$171|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower coverage rates considerably.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The diagram below compares Nissan 370Z auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below compares Nissan 370Z premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no exact rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan 370Z settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Buying the right Nissan 370Z insurance in California is an important decision
Even though Riverside 370Z insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your 370Z, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Nissan 370Z but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Nissan 370Z Insurance Costs?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower car insurance prices. Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Being married pays dividends – Getting married may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
How old are your drivers? – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance kicks in if ever you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- More policies can equal more savings – The majority of insurance companies apply better rates to clients who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- You might want pay the minor policy claims yourself – Auto insurance companies in California award lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Save money by eliminating extra coverages – There are many add-on coverages that can waste your money on your 370Z policy. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Save by driving safer vehicles – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Nissan 370Z earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Nissan 370Z statistical loss data – Insurers use claims history to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that statistically have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan 370Z vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan 370Z Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan 370Z 2dr 164 88 132 91 88 Nissan 370Z Convertible 129 73BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help lower premiums on Nissan 370Z insurance in Riverside
Some companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Riverside car insurance quote.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get cheaper prices.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy some life insurance too.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The information below shows the difference between Nissan 370Z car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with these discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Riverside. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in California, follow this link.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- What is glass protection for?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying from car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Riverside.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Riverside who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Shown below is a list of auto insurance companies in Riverside that are able to give price quote information for Nissan 370Z insurance in Riverside.
- Farmers Insurance Eric Wilkins Agency
7177 Brockton Ave #109 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 680-9213 – View Map
- Mike Powers – State Farm Insurance Agent
10850 Hole Ave a – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 687-3830 – View Map
- State Farm: Ollie Hatch Jr
6748 Brockton Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (888) 231-8822 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated – Woodcrest
18791 Van Buren Boulevard Suite C – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 780-4075 – View Map
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Riverside?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
After getting good feedback to all your questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance company that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage.
Best auto insurance in California
Buying coverage from a good quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in California. The information in the next section could help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
More quotes mean more insurance savings
We’ve covered a lot of information how to lower your Nissan 370Z insurance premium rates in Riverside. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Affordable Nissan 370Z insurance in Riverside is attainable on the web and with local Riverside insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)