How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more competitive Nissan Sentra insurance in Riverside? Are you regretting buying an expensive insurance policy? Believe me, many Riverside consumers are in the same pinch.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is your target objective, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO persitently shower you with advertising and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the following tips. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Riverside is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Although California drivers should learn the way insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Nissan Sentra insurance in Riverside
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers could receive reduced rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below compares Nissan Sentra premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple policy, student away at school, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, good student, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, and anti-theft.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be available in your area.
How much does Nissan Sentra insurance in Riverside, California cost?
All the larger insurance companies allow you to get pricing on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Nissan Sentra insurance in Riverside is quite simple as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want on the page. When the form is submitted, the system will order reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these factors. Quoting online for Nissan Sentra insurance in Riverside makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to perform this step in order to get the lowest payment.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will get rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Riverside, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage information displayed below outlines different policy rates for Nissan Sentra models. Having a good understanding how rate quotes are figured can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$318||$914||$574||$34||$172||$2,012||$168|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$318||$914||$574||$34||$172||$2,012||$168|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$366||$914||$574||$34||$172||$2,060||$172|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$366||$1052||$574||$34||$172||$2,198||$183|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease coverage rates greatly.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below compares Nissan Sentra auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no written rule to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Sentra replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Nissan Sentra Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may reward you with better insurance rates. Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
How much liability coverage – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Keep claims to a minimum – Companies in California award lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Alarm systems systems cut insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Raise your coverage deductibles for better prices – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, or theft. The deductibles you choose tell how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Insurance loss data for a Nissan Sentra – Insurers use claims history as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates.
The data below shows the loss history for Nissan Sentra vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Do I need an agent?
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Riverside.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Riverside who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
The following is a short list of insurance companies in Riverside that may be willing to give price quotes for Nissan Sentra insurance in Riverside.
6281 Brockton Ave # 2 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 684-3624 – View Map
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Riverside, get answers to these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Riverside?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Riverside, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nissan Sentra with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Persistence pays off
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Nissan Sentra insurance premium rates online in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Riverside auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Budget-conscious Nissan Sentra insurance can be bought online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Riverside auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
How to find cheaper quotes for Nissan Sentra insurance in Riverside
The easiest way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Riverside. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Riverside? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)