Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more competitive car insurance rates in Riverside, CA? Riverside consumers have many options when looking for affordable car insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for a new or used and obtain the best price possible either online or from Riverside insurance agents.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes yearly since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best premium rates on car insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. These techniques will tell you the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and some money-saving tips. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare price quotes from many different companies.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,210||$605||$101|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,410||$705||$118|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,342||$671||$112|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,132||$566||$94|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,410||$705||$118|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,410||$705||$118|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,302||$651||$109|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
Why your premium might be higher
Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the things companies use to determine premiums.
- Liability coverage is important – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if ever you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- You might pay higher costs if you are single – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on car insurance. It translates into being less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. Small economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Youthful drivers pay more – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Smart shoppers get results
We just presented a lot of ways to find cheaper coverage online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Cheaper auto insurance in Riverside is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Riverside insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for auto insurance in Riverside
The best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Riverside. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)