Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Many consumers in Riverside can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Dodge Nitro insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Riverside. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as your driving record and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Nitro coverage is available in Riverside. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to look at all possible companies. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Pricing the lowest-priced coverage in Riverside can be fairly easy. If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. You just have to know the most effective way to compare price quotes online.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Dodge Nitro insurance charts and tables
The rate information shown below covers detailed analysis of prices for Dodge Nitro models. Understanding how policy rates are determined is important for drivers to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$236||$438||$604||$36||$180||$1,494||$125|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$236||$438||$604||$36||$180||$1,494||$125|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$272||$438||$604||$36||$180||$1,530||$128|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$272||$438||$604||$36||$180||$1,530||$128|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$272||$438||$604||$36||$180||$1,530||$128|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$272||$534||$604||$36||$180||$1,626||$136|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$272||$534||$604||$36||$180||$1,626||$136|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$272||$534||$604||$36||$180||$1,626||$136|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$272||$534||$604||$36||$180||$1,626||$136|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$306||$534||$604||$36||$180||$1,660||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can affect premiums substantially.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Dodge Nitro annual premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Nitro car insurance costs with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set guideline of when to drop full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Nitro book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Buying the right Dodge vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Riverside, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Dodge Nitro and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Dodge Nitro Insurance Rate Factors
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Drivers with responsible credit save on auto insurance – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Dodge Nitro by repairing your credit. People with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit scores.
How old are your drivers? – Youthful drivers in California tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Annual miles is a factor – The higher the miles on your Dodge every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage. An improperly rated Nitro can result in significantly higher rates.
Does car insurance cost more for males? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes get in accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Nitro auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
More affordable car insurance in Riverside is possible both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to save on Dodge Nitro insurance in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Riverside car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company. Some small companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
When searching for affordable Dodge Nitro insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.