Really, the only way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates in Riverside is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in California. You can compare rates by following these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most consumers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could save an average of nearly $500 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop their coverage around.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, use these techniques to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Riverside is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Consumers just need to understand the quickest way to shop for insurance from multiple carriers.
Affordable Riverside Ford GT insurance price quotes
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Choosing Ford GT insurance is an important decision
Even though Riverside GT insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your GT, almost all lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Ford and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower Your Riverside Insurance Prices
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into rates.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up on your insurance policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good at first, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Good drivers have lower prices – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Getting just one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. People who have serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Women pay lower prices – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Lower miles driven equals lower premium – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Having the wrong rating on your GT may be costing you.
- Improve your credit history – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford GT by improving your rating. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The type of car you own makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for lower cost passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy life insurance from them.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and their possible discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good student, and early bird.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good student, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, military active duty, membership and employees, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, air bag, and bundle.
If you need inexpensive Riverside car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view companies who offer free Ford GT insurance quotes in California, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What policy terms are available?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Local neighborhood Riverside car insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Riverside who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Best car insurance agent in Riverside
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they work. Agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Riverside who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are independent agents in Riverside who can help you get comparison quotes.
Atchley and Associates Insurance Services
7891 Mission Grove Pkwy S – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 275-0340 – View Map
Shop smart and save
As you quote Riverside car insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Cheap Ford GT insurance in Riverside can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Riverside car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)