We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who compare price quotes are very likely to switch companies because the odds are good of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is your ultimate target, knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can make the process more efficient.
To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Riverside is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in California. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like speeding and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Riverside. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Immediately safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some providers don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Riverside car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts include:
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-policy, youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, and safe driver.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple autos, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate may offer discounts for eSmart discount, premier plus, farm vehicle, good student, and safe driver.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver
If you want the cheapest Ford Shelby GT350 rate quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state.
Get Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance Cheaper
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that help calculate your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Your location is important – Being located in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Most companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your vehicle rating is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Shelby GT350 can cost quite a bit.
- How credit history affects insurance rates – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford Shelby GT350 by improving your rating. Insureds with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
- Job can influence premiums – Careers like fire fighters, architects, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Policy add-ons add up – Policies have extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Cautious drivers pay the best rates – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Getting just one driving citation can bump up the cost substantially. Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten severe violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
Compare prices but buy from a local Riverside insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Riverside.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Riverside who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
The following are agents in Riverside that are able to give comparison quotes for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Riverside.
- Farmers Insurance – Carl Couey
6670 Alessandro Blvd f – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 780-6660 – View Map
- Mercury Insurance Agent – Quotes
3410 La Sierra Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 732-7770 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kenneth Munaretto
3271 Arlington Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 369-0277 – View Map
- Mike Powers – State Farm Insurance Agent
10850 Hole Ave a – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 687-3830 – View Map
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How are claims handled?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Smart shoppers get results
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Riverside can be found online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Riverside car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)