Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Riverside is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in California.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more details to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. California consumers could save an average of $470 each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
Quoting and comparing rates for cheaper auto insurance in Riverside can be fairly easy. Basically, anyone who is required by state law to have auto insurance will most likely find better rates. But California drivers do need to know how companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Get affordable rates by applying discounts
Some insurance providers do not list every discount they offer very well, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies early. You could save around 10% when you buy Riverside auto insurance online.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multiple Cars – Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Riverside auto insurance quote when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, driver’s education, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include electronic funds transfer, teen driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, switch companies, and pay in full.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, defensive driver, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- American Family has discounts for accident-free, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, early bird, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for family plan, anti-theft, defensive driving, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply everywhere. For a list of providers with significant discounts in Riverside, click here to view.
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from different companies. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the trained guidance only provided by licensed Riverside agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent. When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Riverside, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Smart Buyers Save More
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the major factors that factor into your prices.
Tickets are costly – Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one chargeable violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have careless violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
Job and insurance prices – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers, and accountants usually pay the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Safeguard your assets with liability protection – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Better credit means lower costs – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your Kia Optima Hybrid by improving your credit score. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Gender is a factor – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both have fender benders in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Extra policy coverages can waste money – Policies have extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Vehicle risk impacts rates – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a huge difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Insurance losses for a Kia Optima Hybrid – Auto insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance quotes from local Riverside insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheaper prices and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Riverside.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Riverside who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Riverside
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Riverside are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Riverside that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Atchley and Associates Insurance Services
7891 Mission Grove Pkwy S – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 275-0340 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Riverside that are able to give price quotes.
Jean Sullivan – State Farm Insurance Agent
6511 Brockton Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 683-3131 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Riverside?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Insurance just makes sense
Even though Riverside Optima Hybrid insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Optima Hybrid, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
Lower-priced Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Riverside is attainable from both online companies and with local Riverside insurance agents, so you need to quote Riverside auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Riverside auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)