To save the most money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide car insurance in Riverside. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for better prices are highly likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on Mazda CX-7 insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to shop for car insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Low Cost companies for Mazda CX-7 insurance in California
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Mazda CX-7 insurance rates and statistics
The price information shown below outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Mazda CX-7 models. Having a good understanding how insurance rates are calculated can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$238||$454||$464||$28||$138||$1,322||$110|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$270||$454||$464||$28||$138||$1,354||$113|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$270||$454||$464||$28||$138||$1,354||$113|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$270||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,436||$120|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$300||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,466||$122|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$300||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,466||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in Riverside location which can alter insurance rates considerably.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Mazda CX-7 insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Mazda CX-7 yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Mazda CX-7 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Mazda CX-7 yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Mazda CX-7 book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Riverside Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you big savings.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- When should you not file policy claims? – Car insurance companies in California give better rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
What type of car do you drive? – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are usually found on economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Mazda CX-7 insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Having a spouse is a good thing – Getting married can get you a discount on your car insurance bill. Having a spouse may mean you are more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Cheaper premiums using alarm systems – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft.
Lower-cost Riverside auto insurance quotes with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the below list has some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Riverside car insurance quote.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Sign Early and Save – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Mazda CX-7 car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, good student, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts including family plan, multi-policy, accident-free, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, student driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, air bags, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, homeowner, youthful driver, switch companies, mature driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, utility vehicle, defensive driver, good payer, auto/life discount, and farm vehicle.
Double check with each company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Riverside. To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in Riverside, click here.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Riverside who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Riverside?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Riverside?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Riverside who can help you get rate quotes.
- Mike Powers – State Farm Insurance Agent
10850 Hole Ave a – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 687-3830 – View Map
- Lynne Dattilo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6560 Van Buren Boulevard a – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3700 – View Map
- Maria Abrigo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7000 Indiana Ave #113 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 782-8450 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a list of independent agents in Riverside who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Dashers Insurance Riverside
10066 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-2445 – View Map
- Atchley and Associates Insurance Services
7891 Mission Grove Pkwy S – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 275-0340 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: EG Insurance Agency Inc
11728 Magnolia Ave Suite B – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 202-1871 – View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
In the end, you can save money
You just read some good ideas how to save on Mazda CX-7 insurance in Riverside. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Riverside car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Riverside car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed insurance information is available at these sites:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)