Would you like to stop overpaying and find lower-priced Mercury Sable insurance in Riverside? Sick and tired of sacrificing to insure your Mercury every month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
It’s astonishing, but the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Riverside can save up to $470 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
How to find discount Mercury Sable insurance in Riverside
The most effective way to find more affordable Mercury Sable insurance in Riverside is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, read about how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to remember is to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and get the definite lowest price on Mercury Sable insurance in Riverside.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for signing up digitally online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you may earn up to 20% and get you low cost Mercury Sable insurance.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, accident-free, multiple autos, good driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, air bags, bundled insurance, and early bird.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, air bags, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- 21st Century offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, teen driver, student driver, automatic seat belts, driver training, and air bags.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
If you want affordable Riverside car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in every state.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Riverside, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Car insurance agents near you
Some people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Riverside.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
When finding a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Riverside can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can handle car insurance, but we need to point out why they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always check rates from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Riverside who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Riverside who can help you get price quote information.
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Ratings for California car insurance companies
Picking the right insurer is hard considering how many choices there are in Riverside. The company information shown below could help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Quote more and you will save more
You just read some good ideas how you can lower your Mercury Sable insurance premium rates in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Riverside car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced insurance in Riverside is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Riverside car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding discount Mercury Sable insurance in Riverside
The easiest way to get more affordable Mercury Sable insurance in Riverside is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in California.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Riverside. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Additional learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)