We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who shop around for better prices will presumably move their business because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is your goal, then having some insight into how to compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from providers that sell auto insurance in Riverside. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and your credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for information to prevent expensive rate increases and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Be sure to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on each quote and and to analyze every company you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Companies offering Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Riverside
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get lower-cost rates on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Riverside with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to spy on driving patterns remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially in comparison with bad drivers.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that may include most of these discounts are:
If you want inexpensive Riverside auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Riverside. To find insurance companies that offer discounts in California, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- What companies can they write with?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If they are an independent agency in Riverside, which companies do they recommend?
- How many years have they been established?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Riverside agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Riverside that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Adrian Cisneros
7145 Magnolia Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 373-3773 – View Map
- Steve McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Adams St, Ste C10-J – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 785-6140 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Carl Couey
6670 Alessandro Blvd f – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 780-6660 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Riverside who can help you get rate quotes.
- Riverside Insurance Agency Inc.
#B, 125 W La Cadena Dr – Riverside, CA 92501 – (951) 684-3500 – View Map
- Del Smith Insurance Agency
1355 E Alessandro Blvd # 200 – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 653-2188 – View Map
- Mercury Insurance Agent – Quotes
3410 La Sierra Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 732-7770 – View Map
If you get satisfactory answers to these questions and a good coverage price, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage. Just remember you are entitled to terminate your policy at any point so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with your new company for any length of time.
You can lower your car insurance rates
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.
More detailed car insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)