A recent auto insurance study revealed that 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. U.S. drivers can cut their rates by nearly 47% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they switched.
Really, the only way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Riverside. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many things that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional tips to help keep rates affordable and find hidden discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Outback insurance in Riverside. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Choosing the best rates in Riverside is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Comparison shoppers just have to use the most effective way to shop from many companies at once.
Riverside insurance discounts for a Subaru Outback
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Online Discount – Some companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Outback insurance in Riverside.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The example below compares Subaru Outback auto insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, defensive driving training, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, good student, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- 21st Century offers discounts for teen driver, good student, student driver, defensive driver, homeowners, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, bundle, air bag, and defensive driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Riverside. To find companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Riverside, click here.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get prices on their websites. Getting online quotes for Subaru Outback insurance in Riverside is fairly simple because you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on the data you entered.
Being able to quote online for Subaru Outback insurance in Riverside helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the cheapest price on car insurance.
To compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in California. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Subaru Outback insurance rates and statistics
The data table displayed next outlines estimates of insurance costs for Subaru Outback models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance prices are established can help guide drivers when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$416||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,698||$142|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$416||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,698||$142|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$416||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,698||$142|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$464||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,866||$156|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in zip code location which can revise coverage prices considerably.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions impact Subaru Outback premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Compare prices but work with a local Riverside insurance agent
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Riverside who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Riverside?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does their agency support local causes in Riverside?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How long have they been in business?
The following are agents in Riverside willing to provide rate quotes for Subaru Outback insurance in Riverside.
- TNT Only 1 Insurance Agency
19510 Van Buren Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92508 – (888) 610-8865 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Eric Wilkins Agency
7177 Brockton Ave #109 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 680-9213 – View Map
- Del Smith Insurance Agency
1355 E Alessandro Blvd # 200 – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 653-2188 – View Map
- Joseph Insurance Services
3694 Sunnyside Dr – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 683-0777 – View Map
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Riverside Outback insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like court costs, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Subaru Outback.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for things like surgery, pain medications, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Outback caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Outback to save money on collision insurance.
What is the best auto insurance company in Riverside?
Picking a highly-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Riverside. The company information listed below may help you pick which insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like poor customer service, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
Discount Subaru Outback insurance in Riverside can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Riverside, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for Subaru Outback insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Riverside car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Much more information about insurance in California can be read at these links:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)