It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper Subaru BRZ insurance is to compare prices annually from companies who sell insurance in Riverside. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more information to find cheap rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of California drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. American drivers could save an average of approximately $860 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
Companies offering Subaru BRZ insurance in Riverside
The companies shown below offer quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Discount Riverside car insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Riverside car insurance online.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Riverside car insurance quote.
- Resident Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Riverside and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Riverside car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a slight reduction on a Riverside car insurance quote.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring several vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to your current BRZ insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, driver’s education, defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, daytime running lights, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate has savings for early signing, new car, anti-theft, eSmart discount, defensive driver, and senior citizen.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, bundle discounts, safe driver, multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-car, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
If you are trying to find affordable Riverside car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here to view.
Components of Your Subaru BRZ Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Keep insurance rates low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies in California generally give cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Drive less and get lower costs – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your BRZ may be wasting your money. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct usage.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most larger insurers apply a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still save money by buying from different companies
- Lower stress equals lower premiums – Occupational choices like judges, business owners, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, careers like farmers, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- How much liability protection – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Subaru BRZ insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Subaru BRZ Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Riverside car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Types of auto insurance agents in Riverside
If you want to buy insurance from a good Riverside insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Riverside are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out how they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Riverside willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Rose Smith
4270 Riverwalk Pkwy #110 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 549-3900 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Leonor Rivera
3645 Van Buren Boulevard – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 352-5050 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Carl Couey
6670 Alessandro Blvd f – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 780-6660 – View Map
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Below are Riverside independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Melendez Insurance Agency
3595 Van Buren Boulevard #201 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 687-9152 – View Map
- Insurance Incorporated
6809 Indiana Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (877) 898-9333 – View Map
- AIS | Auto Insurance Specialists | Riverside
1600 Iowa Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 782-8100 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Riverside?
Choosing a good quality auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in California. The company ratings shown next may help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Subaru BRZ insurance in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Subaru BRZ rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Riverside can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Riverside car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Additional learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)