Paying cheap rates for Subaru WRX insurance in Riverside could be challenging for drivers who are beginners to comparison shopping online. With such a big selection of agents and companies, it can be a real difficult job to find cheaper prices in California.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could save $470 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to shop their coverage around.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the best price on Subaru WRX insurance in Riverside on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding WRX insurance online, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the best ways to find affordable auto insurance in Riverside.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Riverside is not as difficult as people think. But California vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Don’t overlook these nine Subaru WRX insurance discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Riverside car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current WRX insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall premium however.
To choose auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, click here to view.
Car insurance coverages for a Subaru WRX
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision – This covers damage to your WRX resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your WRX to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage – This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from flooding, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, funeral expenses, attorney fees, bail bonds and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for things like dental work, doctor visits, surgery and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
We covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Subaru WRX insurance in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Affordable Subaru WRX insurance in Riverside can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
How to find discount Subaru WRX insurance in Riverside
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Subaru WRX insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Riverside.
- Try to learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies. View rates
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Much more information about car insurance in California is located at the links below
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)