Want to learn a better way to compare lower-priced car insurance rates in Riverside, CA? Riverside consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Suzuki Aerio insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to quote coverages for your Suzuki and find the best price possible from both online companies and Riverside agents.
You should take the time to compare rates once or twice a year because car insurance rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Riverside at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you how to quote online to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
How Insurers Calculate Suzuki Aerio Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower insurance prices. Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving so insurance rates are higher.
- Only buy what you need – There are a ton of additional coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in California award better rates to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Credit history impact insurance rates – Having a good credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Suzuki Aerio by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Get hitched and pay less – Having a spouse can actually save you money when shopping for insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Premiums are affected by your address – Residing in less populated areas of the country can save you money when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Many insurers will award a discount to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Free Riverside Suzuki Aerio insurance quotes
Finding low cost Suzuki Aerio insurance rates is not rocket science. You just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes to see which company has cheaper Riverside auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Suzuki has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Suzuki for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Suzuki Aerio but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save with these discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Aerio insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Riverside is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with a few insurance companies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow driving data submission to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for low natural disaster claims, professional/association, multi-car, ease of repair, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, business and professional, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, safe driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, passive restraint, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple policy, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Allstate has savings for premier plus, EZ pay plan discount, multi-policy, safe driver, defensive driver, passive restraint, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, membership and employees, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Riverside. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click here.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Riverside insurance agents?
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Riverside should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Riverside?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Riverside?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Riverside for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from local Riverside agents, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know why they differ because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only use the same agent mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Riverside that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Adrian Cisneros
7145 Magnolia Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 373-3773 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Eric Wilkins Agency
7177 Brockton Ave #109 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 680-9213 – View Map
- Mike Powers – State Farm Insurance Agent
10850 Hole Ave a – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 687-3830 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Riverside who can help you get price quotes.
- Preferred Insurance
3501 Adams St – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 689-4830 – View Map
- Applied General Agency
1485 Spruce St – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 686-6120 – View Map
- Epstein Insurance Agency
11750 Carly Court – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 687-1012 – View Map
Quote more and you will save more
While you’re price shopping online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
People leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Riverside can be found online in addition to many Riverside insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
How to save on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Riverside
It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Riverside. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Much more information about insurance in California can be found at these links:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)