If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find better pricing on Tesla Model 3 insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Riverside.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Model 3 coverage is available in Riverside. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Unfortunately, over 70% of California drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If you have a policy now or just want to save money, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Comparing quotes for cheaper car insurance coverage in Riverside is simple if you know the tricks. Consumers just have to understand how to compare company rates from many different companies online.
Companies offering Tesla Model 3 insurance in Riverside
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Riverside, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper Tesla Model 3 insurance in Riverside
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Riverside Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, student away at school, multiple autos, anti-theft, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good student, early bird, good driver, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, defensive driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-car, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, multi-policy, anti-theft, type of vehicle, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for electronic funds transfer, business and professional, multi-car, alternative fuel, switch companies, and homeowner.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies how you can save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area. To find insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Riverside who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Best auto insurance agent in Riverside
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Riverside that are able to give price quotes.
- Adolfo Saldana – State Farm Insurance Agent
7344 Magnolia Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 637-3100 – View Map
- Mike Orme – State Farm Insurance Agent
10452 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 688-8206 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2711 Canyon Springs Parkway, Suite A-104 – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 786-9477 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to contact multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Most can insure with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent agents in Riverside that are able to give price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: EG Insurance Agency Inc
11728 Magnolia Ave Suite B – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 202-1871 – View Map
- Chris Folsom Insurance Agency
3727 6th St – Riverside, CA 92501 – (951) 680-0575 – View Map
- Danmar Insurance Services
9899 Indiana Ave #101 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 509-0509 – View Map
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for dental work, doctor visits, chiropractic care and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Model 3 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Tesla Model 3.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, attorney fees and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, fire damage, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Ratings for California auto insurance companies
Picking a highly-rated insurance company is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The company information shown below can help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Riverside Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More affordable insurance in Riverside is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Riverside insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much are Riverside Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Riverside? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)