If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Riverside is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as speeding and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. This article provides more information to get better rates and find hidden discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who get price comparisons are highly likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Riverside is your ultimate target, knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Volkswagen CC insurance in Riverside is to know the trick car insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as level of coverage desired, distance driven, the ages of drivers, and if a SR-22 is needed. That rating information is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The premium table shown next highlights a range of rate quotes for Volkswagen CC models. Being more informed about how policy rates are figured can be of help when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$294||$604||$596||$36||$178||$1,708||$142|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$294||$604||$596||$36||$178||$1,708||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders influence Volkswagen CC car insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen CC insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen CC claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $400 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Riverside, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower rates by qualifying for these nine discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Riverside car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn cheaper prices.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- E-sign – A handful of companies will provide an incentive get Riverside car insurance on the internet.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen CC insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in California, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Riverside insurance agents?
Many drivers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Riverside that provide free Riverside car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Riverside will have answers to these questions.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is there a local claims center in Riverside?
- If they are an independent agency in Riverside, which companies do they recommend?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Riverside can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Riverside who may provide you with rate quotes.
Allstate: Gene P. Johnson
7201 Arlington Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 689-3211 – View Map
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always compare prices from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
The following is a list of independent agents in Riverside that can give you price quotes.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I total my Volkswagen CC and owe more than it’s worth?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Volkswagen CC?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from flooding, falling objects, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Volkswagen CC.
Since many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, medical expenses, court costs, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, dental work, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your CC to save money on collision insurance.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Affordable Volkswagen CC insurance in Riverside is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Riverside, so get free Riverside car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Volkswagen CC insurance in Riverside. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from the smaller companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Riverside, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Riverside Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)