Want to save money and find the cheapest auto insurance rates in Riverside, CA? Riverside drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Volkswagen Routan insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes on a Volkswagen and find the lowest possible price either online or from Riverside insurance agents.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Riverside seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to find better prices using this strategy. Drivers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare company rates from many different companies online.
Best companies for low-cost Volkswagen Routan insurance in California
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Riverside, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Volkswagen Routan coverage statistics
The coverage information shown below highlights estimates of policy rates for Volkswagen Routan models. Having insight into how insurance prices are determined can be useful when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$334||$544||$454||$26||$136||$1,494||$125|
|Routan SE 2WD||$378||$662||$454||$26||$136||$1,656||$138|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$378||$780||$454||$26||$136||$1,774||$148|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$420||$780||$454||$26||$136||$1,816||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below compares Volkswagen Routan insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Riverside car insurance discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- New Car Discount – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Routan can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of companies may give you up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Distant Student – Children living away from Riverside attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Riverside auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help reduce your overall premium however.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Routan auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
If you need lower rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. To view companies with the best Volkswagen Routan insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings. Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
Older drivers save more – Young drivers in California are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volkswagen has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims could be a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Obey driving laws and save – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single speeding ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accident claims raise Volkswagen Routan car insurance rates for each different age category. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- You may save more by combining policies – The majority of insurance companies apply better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
Insurance agents can help
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Local neighborhood Riverside car insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Riverside who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Riverside?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Who are their largest clients?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
If you are searching for a local Riverside insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Riverside willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Cynthia MC Ghee
6710 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 369-8850 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Dominique Tran
10800 Hole Ave #3 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 343-3408 – View Map
- Mike Orme – State Farm Insurance Agent
10452 Magnolia Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 688-8206 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Riverside who can help you get price quote information.
- Gibson-Hadley Insurance Agency Inc – Mercury Insurance Agent
10363 Hole Ave – Riverside, CA 92505 – (888) 955-0950 – View Map
- Adriana’s Insurance Services
6200 Van Buren Boulevard #105 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 710-1100 – View Map
- Jay Pogue Insurance- Riverside Ca
6200 Pegasus Dr #1 – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 785-8521 – View Map
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When you buy Riverside auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to find the cheapest rates for Volkswagen Routan insurance in Riverside
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Riverside is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in California.
- Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and your credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)