Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Riverside consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
Really, the only way to get the cheapest Volkswagen Touareg insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers in Riverside.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides ideas to find cheap prices and find hidden discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. View prices
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Riverside. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Riverside is to know auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as coverage limits, whether you are married, if you are currently licensed, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. That rating data gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To find lower cheap Volkswagen Touareg insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to analyze driving manner through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Touareg premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, defensive driving training, accident-free, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and air bags.
- Allstate may have discounts that include safe driver, eSmart discount, defensive driver, premier plus, economy car, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To choose auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click here.
Rates and data analysis
The premium table displayed next highlights estimates of policy rates for Volkswagen Touareg models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance premiums are figured can assist in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Touareg 3 Turbo Diesel AWD 4-Dr||$334||$664||$424||$26||$126||$1,574||$131|
|Touareg 3.6 AWD 4-Dr||$334||$664||$424||$26||$126||$1,574||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can change prices substantially.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Touareg premium costs for each different age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders raise Volkswagen Touareg car insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Touareg insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive formula for phasing out full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Touareg replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How Insurers Calculate Volkswagen Touareg Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
- Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Better insurance rates on safer vehicles – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Compare rates if you combine your policies – Some insurance companies apply lower prices to customers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Higher deductibles are cheaper – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Volkswagen. Some examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Save miles driven and save money – The higher the miles on your Volkswagen annually the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Touareg may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Touareg auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Your spouse saves you money – Your spouse may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Having a spouse means you’re less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Volkswagen Touareg insurance loss probability – Car insurance companies analyze historical claim data when determining insurance rates. Models that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Touareg vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
Volkswagen Touareg Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Volkswagen Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Touareg 4dr 4WD 131 115 133 56 65 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Riverside.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Riverside auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a local Riverside insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can select. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with many different companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Riverside who can help you get free car insurance quotes.
- Insurance Incorporated – Woodcrest
18791 Van Buren Boulevard Suite C – Riverside, CA 92508 – (951) 780-4075 – View Map
- Chris Folsom Insurance Agency
3727 6th St – Riverside, CA 92501 – (951) 680-0575 – View Map
- Olmedo Insurance Agency
10600 Magnolia Avenue, #B – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 689-0540 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Riverside that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Anna Ramirez
3590 Central Ave #212 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 274-0047 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Adrian Cisneros
7145 Magnolia Ave #100 – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 373-3773 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Eric Wilkins Agency
7177 Brockton Ave #109 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 680-9213 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
We just showed you a lot of information how to save on Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Riverside. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Riverside auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Cost effective Volkswagen Touareg insurance is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Riverside Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Riverside Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)