A study showed that a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in America could save roughly $860 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to quote cheaper Volvo S60 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Riverside.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as speeding and a negative credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for additional ideas to get cheaper rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Buying affordable car insurance in Riverside is really not that difficult. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to compare prices from many companies at once.
You may qualify for discounts for Volvo S60 insurance in Riverside
Some companies don’t always advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both the well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will definitely reduce the premium cost.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good student, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-theft, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts including theft prevention, student driver, defensive driver, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, air bags, and homeowners.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Riverside.
Finding a lower price on Volvo S60 insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes from online providers.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
Coverage lapses raise prices – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates tend to be for smaller low performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Safer the car lower the rate – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Volvo S60 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are responsible for an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut rates – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Loss probability for a Volvo S60 – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the loss history for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Riverside?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What happens if I owe more than my Volvo S60 is worth?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Riverside who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is there a local claims center in Riverside?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Riverside?
If you are searching for local Riverside agents, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Riverside can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it can affect the selection process.
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than low rates.
Below are Riverside exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mike Ponce
1525 3rd St b – Riverside, CA 92507 – (951) 784-0951 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Dominique Tran
10800 Hole Ave #3 – Riverside, CA 92505 – (951) 343-3408 – View Map
- Scott Fowler – State Farm Insurance Agent
7177 Brockton Ave #340 – Riverside, CA 92506 – (951) 777-2446 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Riverside that can give you rate quotes.
- Preferred Insurance
3501 Adams St – Riverside, CA 92504 – (951) 689-4830 – View Map
- Mercury Insurance Agent – Quotes
3410 La Sierra Ave – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 732-7770 – View Map
- Epstein Insurance Agency
11750 Carly Court – Riverside, CA 92503 – (951) 687-1012 – View Map
If you receive positive feedback to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to service your policy. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage when you choose so never feel that you’re stuck with a specific company for the entire policy term.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though Riverside S60 insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your S60 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Volvo but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Frequent quotes can save
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to lower your Volvo S60 insurance car insurance rates in Riverside. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices and even high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Affordable Volvo S60 insurance in Riverside can be found online as well as from independent agents in Riverside, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Riverside? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for College Students in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Riverside? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)